Wednesday, January 18, 2012

STEPPING ON NEW GROUND

I think the first skill I will display is the art of small talk. I’m sure the new people I’m working with will want to get a sense of what type of co-worker I am. I am not the best at carrying conversation, so I will be attempting to ask questions. One question I have on my mind is, how exactly will I be learning my new skills during internship? Will it be by their own employees or will they send me to a training course? I hope to work in an office environment that is quiet unless I am involved in any group work. I also hope to work with a manager that has gone through similar obstacles as I have or a manager that is humble but direct. The skill I want to develop is that way I communicate. I want to be able to really break down things, especially to a customer. When I speak I want to sound like a universal language. On the more technical side I want to gain a lot more experience troubleshooting computers. I am really hoping to get a mentor in that. An anxiety I have about my internship is that there will not be as much need for an IT as other companies or that the training I have gained in Year Up isn’t as needed. The way that I plan to stand out is by proving that this is my passion and I will learn quickly, also I will not be ashamed to take on any task that is asked of me. After Internship is over I plan to get a good reference, at least, and apply for other companies. If that doesn’t seem to work for the moment then I will attempt to go back to school to sharpen my skills further in computer technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment