Sunday, October 30, 2011

Community Essay Pre-Writing Prompt

I can strongly say I'm familiar with the dog park community. The members of the community involve a diverse group of people and dogs. I have a one year and eight month old, female pit bull, named Ahkela, and training her to be friendly in public is vital when interacting with these diverse groups. If my dog were to approach another one aggressively, then a fight could break out between the two animals. That would also leave a bad impression between owners. Other than a situation like that occurring, most owners I have encountered seem open minded and show care for their pet. Even if you don't have a dog you are welcome at the dog park. Sometimes, I see couples asking about the different breeds or just petting the different kinds they're attracted to. There are Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Huskies, Bulldogs, Poodles, Beagles, Rottweilers, Golden Retrievers, and it keeps going. My favorite thing to notice out of the various types is their attitude, it's funny how dogs carry themselves, almost like humans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment