Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I BLAME YOU

It seems companies are exacerbating the opportunity divide by giving people in debt a small window to crawl through, so to speak. These companies tell you there is a way out of debt without the customer realizing how much you will end up paying. Most people experiencing poverty don't notice how much income they will spend getting out of debt due to the interest percentage. Another way customers are getting victimized is by having to pay a higher interest rate than someone who is not in poverty.

I understand that these companies are taking advantage of people in poverty, but I also understand these companies didn't place you in debt to begin with. I believe it is the individuals responsibility to foresee the consequences of their financial spending. Perhaps, spending more time in cogitation would help to create a broader picture for any situation. The reason I stand behind this opinion is my family went through poverty for most of my life and never got into debt. It was four of us living in an apartment studio with my parents earning minimum wage. The key to avoid debt is to cut out any unnecessary expenses. I know this could be hard for mothers especially because they have a harder time saying no to their children, when it comes to purchasing items. If my family could get through it any family can.

Now, there are a lot of free resources I have discovered including food pantries, free furniture give aways, food stamps, government money, and various programs that help you find free schooling or work. With all these connections, there is almost no excuse not to pull yourself out of a slump. I know pride may be an issue, but you have to realize what is more important.

1 comment:

  1. i absolutely believe that you have hit every point in this blog. resources have been limited in many situations but now with all of the resources available , people shouldnt have reasons to at least try and do better.

    ReplyDelete